ROAD RACE CHAMPIONSHIP 2022
- Points will be awarded based on athletes’ position relative to other Rochdale Harriers in the same race/series. 32 points for 1st Harrier, 29 points for 2nd, 28 points for 3rd and so on.
- Points will be awarded in the overall category, and in age categories U23 and veterans starting at V40 in 5 year increments. Age categories as of the first race on 13 March 2022.
- Best 5 results to count.
- There is no requirement to compete in all 3 categories of race in order to qualify for prizes.
- For Sale Sizzlers and Watergrove, athletes can run as many races as they wish but only the best result from each series will count towards the championship.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 male and female athletes overall, and to the top 3 male and female athletes in each age category*.
- In the event of a tie, the tiebreaker will be in favour of the athlete who has competed in the most races (Watergrove will only count once towards the tiebreaker). If there is still a tie, the tiebreaker will be head-to-head record.
- LABC 5k, Littleborough, Sunday 13 March – http://www.labcboxing.uk/community/littleborough-boxing-fitness-club-13227/labc-runners-5k-race/#
- Sale Sizzler 5k series. Dates TBC but likely to be Thursdays in June to August. Best time to count. – https://sale-harriers.niftyentries.com
- Ramsbottom Summer Mile, Tuesday 9 August 2022 – http://www.ramsbottomrunningclub.co.uk/summer-mile
- Watergrove parkrun. Best time between the start of February and the end of September. Please advise Richard Stirzaker if you have run a time you wish to be considered as results will not necessarily be checked every week. – https://www.parkrun.org.uk/watergrove/
- Salford 10k, Good Friday 15 April – https://www.salfordharriers.co.uk/salford10km
- Dr Ron Hill 7 mile race, Hyde, Sunday 19 June – https://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/sportstours-events/dr-ron-hyde-7-mile-race/
- Accrington 10k, Sunday 30 October – https://bookitzone.com/accringtonrr/mxjFFX
- Gerry McCabe Hendon Brook race (13.5 miles), Nelson, Sunday 3 July – entries will be on https://bookitzone.com/
- Garstang half marathon, Sunday 4 September – http://www.garstangrc.co.uk/club-races.html
- Preston 10 mile race, date TBC but likely Sunday 20 November – https://prestonharriers.co.uk/our-races/preston-10-mile-road-race/#
* There has been some confusion regarding age group prizes, with a prize only being awarded for first in an age group some years and second and third place prizes being awarded in other years. The committee has decided that to avoid further confusion and to encourage participation, the first three in all age groups will be awarded prizes.