Rochdale Harriers 5k Challenge – July 2020
Run a 5k in July, or if you want run lots of 5ks.
Whilst we cannot formally race, we can time trial! The idea of this challenge is for to run the fastest 5k that that you can in the month of July.
For those of you that took part in the Terry Nortley Virtual Relay, I will provide you with a benchmark 5k time, which you should aim to beat. The winner is the person who shows the greatest improvement, rather than the fastest time.
Even if you did not do the Terry Nortley Virtual Relay you can still take part, your time will be used to set your benchmark for the next challenge.
- Only open to Rochdale Harriers members.
- Your 5k can be run on any day in the month of July.
- You can have as many attempts as you like.
- You should send a Garmin, Strava or similar screenshot to me to confirm your time and distance.
- You can send as many screenshots as you like, I will update on this page of the website regularly to ensure that your fastest effort is shown.
- Your 5k must be either laps or an out and back run.
- It is a 5k rather than a 5,000m, so should not be run entirely on the track.
- Benchmark times will be calculated from 2 Mile times using a multiplier of 1.595, based on the Riegel formula.
- Rankings will be based on percentage improvement.
- Prizes will be of a similar value to the entry fee, zero.
- Have fun!
Please send me your screenshots at [email protected] or via WhatsApp or Messenger.
|Name||Time||Target Time||– / + (%)|